Long Hollow Canopy Tours is currently seeking applications for
Canopy Guides for Ziplines & Aerial Adventure Park
Interested? Please send your resume to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!
No experience required!
Seeking professionals ages 16+ who are interested in providing great customer service and experience while working in a fun outdoor environment. The position of Canopy Guide is an hourly part-time or full-time seasonal position. Canopy Guides are responsible for a one-of-a-kind guest experience. Guides must have a positive attitude, team-oriented mindset, excellent communication skills and be able to focus on safety.
- Hourly wages starting at $15.00 + TIPS, TIPS, TIPS from generous guests
- Commission from photo sales
- Discounted adventure park and zipline tours for friends and family
- Retail shop discounts to get all your cool Long Hollow swag
- FUN. Seriously, lots of FUN. We’d love to welcome you to the Long Hollow team!
Site: Long Hollow Canopy Tours offers a thrilling tree-based aerial adventure in beautiful and historic Galena, IL. This gorgeous site includes a top-notch canopy tour and aerial trekking park. The canopy tour includes 6 ziplines, rappel, sky-bridge, and a quick jump. The aerial trekking park includes 32 unique elements, 5 ladders, 2 tree houses, and dual racing ziplines! The site operates May-October.
The Culture: The Long Hollow Canopy Tours teams highly value the benefits of recreating and getting people outside. We offer the highest quality safety and professionalism to get the general public engaged with the outdoors. We want our guests, and our staff, to have fun! We strive to foster a culture of professionalism, support, creativity, and innovation.
Summary of Essential Job Functions Include but Not Limited To:
- Provides excellent customer service to all guests
- Facilitate guests’ experience on tour and/or supervise guests’ trekking participation
- Ensures all course operations are conducted in accordance with safety standards
- Fits harnesses and helmets correctly and supervises the use of all personal safety equipment
- Clear communication with co-guide, outpost staff, and management in person and using radios
- Conducts participant ground school and pre-screening
- Attends ongoing trainings and team meetings throughout the season
- Perform opening and closing duties
- Assists retail and ticket sales as needed
- Provide in-park guests transportation by ATV (if applicable)
- Perform technical rescues as needed
- Ongoing assessment/management of risk in dynamic conditions
- Inspect all personal protective equipment (PPE) prior to and after use
- Properly inspects all course components and course gear
- Complete post-trip and all other appropriate paperwork
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must be 16 or older; Must be 21 to drive vehicles
- Risk management experience preferred
- Must pass initial training
- Current CPR and First Aid certification preferred
- Ability to communicate and work as an effective team member
- Ability to speak in front of large groups effectively
- Ability to work long hours and irregular shifts in a multi-task environment
- Must be able to pass background check
- Dependable, responsible, reliable, and able to take directions as needed
Physical Abilities Required
- Must have ability to perform work at height
- Must be able to perform all technical rescue associated with the park (training provided)
- This position may require walking and standing for long period of times in all weather conditions
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to climb a ladder
- Must have a flexible schedule with full availability on the weekends and all holidays.
- Season is May-October. Trainings take place April-May. Full season availability is preferred but not required.
Ready to Apply?
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!